Computer Science Department
University of Arizona
Office: Gould Simpson Bldg
1040 E. 4th Street
Tucson, AZ 95719
I am working as Member of Technical Staff at Verivue, Inc. I completed my PhD in Computer Science under Prof. Beichuan Zhang at University of Arizona in 2011.
- University of Arizona
PhD in Computer Science.
Title "Building Economic Efficiency into Multicast Content Delivery Networks"
MS in Computer Science, May 2007
- St. Mary's University of San Antonio
BS in Computer Science and Mathematics (double major), May 2005
14-16 November, 2012: Attended the IMC 2012 conference and presented the 'Concurrent Prefix Hijacks' paper.
4 November, 2010: Our participation in Named Data Networking project, funded under NSF Future Internet Architecture (FIA), featured in UANews. Article.
13-16 June, 2010: Our talk 'Large Route Leak Detection' accepted for Nanog 49.
17-21 August, 2009: Attended the SIGCOMM 2009 conference. Awarded Student Travel Grant (STG) for ACM SIGCOMM 2009 sponsored by NSF.
12-15 October, 2008: Attended Nanog 44.
- ROMaN: Revenue Driven Overlay Multicast Network
- NDN: Named Data Networking
- eFIT: Enabling Future Internet Innovation via Transit Wire
- LRL: Large Route Leak Detection Scheme
- Net-X: Unified Data-Centric Internet Services
- Varun Khare, Dan Jen, Xin Zhao, Yaoqing Liu, Dan Massey, Lan Wang, Beichuan Zhang and Lixia Zhang. "Evolution Towards Global Routing Scalability". In Proc. of IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication (J-SAC), Internet Routing Scalability, 2010.
- Varun Khare and Beichuan Zhang. CDN Request Routing to Reduce Network Access Cost. In Proc. of IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), 2012.
- Varun Khare, Qing Ju and Beichuan Zhang. Concurrent Preﬁx Hijacks: Occurrence and Impacts. In Proc. of Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), 2012.
- Varun Khare and Beichuan Zhang. "Making CDN and ISP Routings Symbiotic". In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2011.
- Varun Khare and Beichuan Zhang. "Towards Economically Viable Infrastructure-based Overlay Multicast Networks". In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2009.
- Varun Khare and Bongki Moon. "PRISS: storage and querying of XML documents using Prime Number Labeling Scheme". In Proc. of International Conference on Internet Information Retrieval, 2006.
- Praveen Rao, Justin Campos, Varun Khare, Bongki Moon and Beichuan Zhang. "Net-X: Unified Data-Centric Internet Services". In Proc. of International Workshop on Networking Meets Databases (NetDB), 2007.
- Kevin P. Coogan, Varun Khare, Stephen G. Kobourov and Bastian Katz. "Multi-Scale Dead-Reckoning Algorithm for Distributed Force-Directed Sensor Network Localization". In 6th Workshop on Algorithms for Sensor Systems (ALGOSENSORS), 2010.