Ruben Loya Jr.
- I've always been drawn to technology since I was a little girl, and because my dad works in tech, it only seemed natural that I pursue a career in STEM as well.Before college, as I was researching computer related majors, I was drawn to the diverse nature of Computer Science. A Computer Science major will allow me to explore many facets of technology and experience a broad range of career options.
- The community! I love making friends and being part of a team, so I can't wait to dive into the University of Arizona experience!
- I have a broad range of interests, from religion and politics to movies and fashion, so I'm sure we'll have something in common if you want to talk!
- I switched my major from mechanical engineering to computer science because i felt like the world is becoming more dependent on technology and I wanted to be a part of finding innovative ways to advance our technology.
- Learning more about coding and how different systems operate.
- I consider myself good at it, and personally I think this major is awesome
- Meet people that will help me during college and make friends that I will keep forever
- I picked in Computer Science as my major because I am fascinated by technology and look forward to learning more about it, to solve real-world problems, develop applications, websites, algorithms, design networks and more. It is the future. It evolves and pushes boundaries in development daily and can be applied to any factor, from aspects of life. I have grown interested in the major as I am a hearing-impaired student that relies on technology for hearing and discovering the world.
- I am looking forward to immersing myself in an environment learning and meeting new people everyday.
- I picked the University of Arizona because it has a massive campus with over 40,000 students and looking forward to coming back to where I'm from.
- I've always enjoyed anything that revolves around computers, such as, video games, programming, and game development. I hope to be able to develop a successful indie game eventually.
- The ability to live on my own, making my own decisions, and gaining new friends.
- I love the creativeness behind the problem solving.
- Meeting new people and learning in a new atmosphere.
- I think computers are the future. They keep growing and I feel that it would help me out if I grew with them.
- Meeting new people and starting the needy chapter of my life.
Queen Creek, AZ
- I chose Computer Science as my major so I could follow in my mother’s footsteps. She is a Computer Science major herself and because of her, I have been heavily inspired to improve women empowerment in the tech. industry. Likewise, I have a had a fascinating admiration for technology since I was a little girl. My eyes light up every single time I see a new gadget, and I turn into a kid on Christmas morning... a kid more anxious than ever to open their toys!
- I‘m looking forward to expanding my opportunities. Computer Science offers endless possibilities and I am eager to explore the unknown that lives in the technology industry today!
- I chose the University of Arizona because it provides an excellent education for entrepreneurs and innovation.
- I find Computer Science interesting and I feel like it will be a great foundation for my future.
- I am looking forward to making new friends!
- I've been interested in program development for as long as I can remember.
- Started fresh. Meeting new people. Learning new things.
- Computer science is a field that I think is fascinating, and I want to be apart of it in the future.
- Finally being able to immerse myself in classes and environments that correlate with what I want to do.