New Graduate Students
View updates and guidance from the university on the coronavirus here.
The University of Arizona Department of Computer Science is pleased to welcome the newest members of its graduate programs. Thanks for joining us!
The Graduate Program Coordinator, TBD, (email@example.com) will serve as your primary administrative contact.
Please carefully review the information below which includes important dates, a checklist of items to help you figure out next steps before and after you arrive on campus, and program requirements. For MS funding opportunities, please visit this webpage.
Important Dates for Fall 2021 Admits
- Aug. 16: Fall 2021 Graduate Assistant appointments begin
- Aug. 23:
- First day of Fall 2021 classes, first day to add classes for audit, and deadline to pay tuition and fees for all units registered as of TBD without late charges
- New International Graduate Student Check-In & Orientation Requirements must be completed
- Aug. 30: Last day to use UAccess for adding classes, changing classes, or changing sections
- Sept. 5: Last day for a refund
- Sept. 6: Labor Day, no classes
- Sept. 7: Last day to enroll for coverage in order to receive the Student Health Insurance Plan benefit
- Sept. 19: Last day to drop without a grade of W (withdraw)
International students should also view the International Graduate Student Checklist.
- Create NetID/Email
- Catmail: You should begin checking your email for official communication from the UA.
- UAccess: Login to the Student Center to register for classes, sign up for health insurance, view your financial aid, etc.
- D2L: Classes may not appear until the first day of classes.
- If you have any issues, contact UITS 24/7 IT Support.
- Upload Your Immunization Record
- Verify Lawful Presence (Prop 300) (if applicable)
- All students receiving in-state tuition or financial aid that is supported by state monies (Arizona) are required to provide documentation of US citizenship, legal resident of the US, or lawful immigration status.
- Register for Courses
- Before registering for courses, you should ensure you take care of any holds on your record that are blocking enrollment activity, including the Campus Health-Immunization hold. Login to UAccess Student Center to view any holds you may have.
- Graduate Assistantships require a minimum enrollment of 6 units. International students without a Graduate Assistantship must enroll in a minimum of 9 units to meet the full-time enrollment requirement. See enrollment policies for more information.
- PhD students should discuss their course selection with their faculty advisor.
- Course syllabi/websites from prior terms for most CSC graduate courses can be viewed here.
- If a CSC graduate course you'd like to take is full, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
- Submit Final Official Transcripts
- If you have not already submitted your final official transcripts with your degree posted to Graduate Admissions, be sure to do so within 30 days of the first day of classes. You will not be able to register for the fall semester until you have met this requirement. Transcripts may be mailed or brought to: The University of Arizona, Graduate Admissions, Administration Bldg., Room 322, PO Box 210066, Tucson, AZ 85721-0066. Electronic transcripts may be sent to: email@example.com
- Transfer Credit (if applicable)
- If you'd like to request to transfer graduate credit earned at other approved institutions towards your UA CS MS or PhD degree, then please take the time this summer to collect the syllabus of each course you'd like evaluated by the faculty. The departmental process for transferring courses can be found here. View Graduate College transfer credit policies for MS and PhD degrees.
- Find Housing
- Figure out how you'll get to campus
- UA Parking and Transportation Services offers a number of bicycle programs and parking options, including parking lots, garages, park and ride programs, and carpooling.
- Register your bike with PTS & UAPD
- Take the Cat Tran, a free on-campus shuttle service
- Public transportation available through SunTran and SunLink Streetcar
- Get Your CatCard (official UA identification card)
- Pay Tuition & Fees
- Login to UAccess Student Center to pay your tuition and fees by the first day of classes.
- Graduate Assistantships will cover the cost of tuition and student health insurance, so GAs are only responsible for logging in to UAccess Student Center to pay the fees by the first day of classes.
- Important: GAs will likely receive a bill for the full tuition cost, but should not be alarmed as they are only responsible for paying fees.
- Enroll for Student Health Insurance Coverage (if applicable)
- View health insurance information for international students here.
- Complete Mandatory Online Trainings for Graduate Assistants (if applicable)
- Stay Updated & Get Connected
- View the Computer Science Graduate Calendar and Graduate Center Calendar
- Join the Department's Discord Server. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite link.
- Join the "University of Arizona Computer Science - Graduate Students" Facebook group
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Sign up for UAlert
- Download the Arizona Mobile App
- Graduate College Policies
- Computer Science Graduate Program Policies
- Computer Science Graduate Handbook
- MS in Computer Science
- PhD in Computer Science