How Can I Help?
The following links are reviewed regularly, and we welcome feedback and suggestions.
Be an Ally
- Support others by getting more involved in our CS student organizations and communities (cs.arizona.edu)
- Better Allies (medium.com)
- What is Allyship? (Rochester Racial Justice Toolkit)
Learn More about DEI
- Broadening Participation in Computing Is Easier Than You Think (acm.org)
- Why Does Broadening Participation in Computing Matter, and What Can You Do to Help? (ncwit.org)
- UA Diversity Training (diversity.arizona.edu)
- DEI Challenges and Best Practices (eecs-dei.mit.edu)
Get Involved in Volunteer and Outreach Activities
- CS Ambassadors (cs.arizona.edu)
- UA Girls Who Code (wise.arizona.edu)
- Upward Bound (new.coe.arizona.edu)
More Information for Faculty
- Inclusive CS Teaching Tips (csteachingtips.org)
- What can I do today to create a more inclusive community in CS? (Cynthia Lee)
- Effective Mentoring in STEMM (nationalacademies.org)
- Building an anti-racist research lab (kqed.org)
- Best Practices for Scaling Undergraduate CS Research Opportunities (cra.org)
- I led an anti-racist CS Education reading group this summer (medium.com)
Please contact us if you have additional input or would like to speak with a department representative about any DEI related issue.